How to Make Miso Soup?
Hello Miso Lovers,
I hope everyone is feelin’ fine on this spectacular Wednesday.
I have decided to provide, for those who are interested, a step-by-step guide to making your first ever homemade miso soup.
Please follow the steps below if you feel so inclined and remember to make it your own. I promise you will have fun!
How to Make Miso Soup
1. Skip to the grocery store
2. Select a MISO PASTE (Miso Master Mellow White @ Whole Foods is good)
3. Grab your favorite vegetables – Kale, Carrots, Broccoli, Ginger, Celery, Mushrooms, Garlic & a Jalapeño are a great start!
4. snag KOMBU (japanese sea vegetable)
>purchase TOFU (firm tofu is fine)
5. Run home > turn off your phone!
7. Ignite the light
8. Start chopping the vegetables
Veggie Setlist = Carrots>Onions>Ginger>Garlic>Celery>Broccoli>Kale (greens usually go last)
9. Toss vegetables into pot
10. When it starts to boil take out the Kombu
11. Cut tofu into squares and gently place it in the pot.
12. TURN HEAT LOW! (DO NOT ADD MISO WHEN THE WATER IS BOILING – MORE ON THAT LATER)
13. Take 2 big spoonfuls of miso and add it to a SEPARATE bowl. Add a cup of hot water to the bowl and whisk it together.
14. Pour the bowl mixed with miso broth to the big pot.
15. Taste the broth and see if it needs more miso – if not, proceed with care.
16. Enjoy – Sip slow!
“this is for you friends….this is for you lovers…this is how we cook it….when we cuddle under covers.” – unknown